I spent my early adult life as a professional musician in New York City, playing countless gigs and recordings with a wide range of musical artists
Select Music Biography
- Studied music briefly at UW-Madison with jazz bassist Richard Davis, followed by a stint at Berklee College of Music.
- Worked with local blues guitarists/vocalists Bill Sims, Popa Chubby, Grant Green Jr., Frankie Paris & Cold Sweat (1998 recording Right Around the Corner), Pat Cisarano, Dana Fuchs (2008 recording Live in NYC), among others.
- Recorded numerous commercial jingles, industrials and TV spots
- Michael McDermott, North American Tour (SBK Records)
- Featured drummer on best-selling sample CD NYC Drumworks (Sampleheads)
- Member of original band Choosy Mothers; local residencies at NYC clubs such as the Wetlands, Mondo Cane, toured clubs and colleges in North America.
- Composing, arranging, keyboard and drum programming for all-star jazz band The Fantasy Band featuring Dave Samuels (Shanachie Records)
- Toured North America, Europe, Singapore, Japan, Turkey, and Brazil with Gloria Gaynor.
- Toured and recorded (drums) with saxophonist Mark Johnson (1996, Deep Focus, JVC Records)
- Toured (on drums) and recorded with percussionist George Jinda
(composer, arranger, keyboards and drum programming) on Shanachie Records release, Between Dreams
- Toured and recorded with jazz fusion band Special EFX (composer, arranger, keyboards and drum programming) on JVC Records release, Here to Stay
- Several European and Japanese tours, dates across North America and South America, and numerous TV shows with Bo Diddley
- Toured Argentina with pianist Johnnie Johnson
- Recorded a gold record with Japanese pop group My Little Lover (Avex Trax Records), which spawned a top ten single, Shooting Star.